When it comes to ERP systems, there are the large heavy hitters from software manufacturers such as Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics or SAP. What they all have in common is that they offer a large range of functionalities for all possible purposes and were mostly developed for large companies and corporations. In addition to these top dogs, however, more and more lean, smaller systems have established themselves in recent years. Above all, they are characterized by great flexibility. In the area of ERP systems, we now have a whole host of providers whose products are primarily aimed at medium-sized companies and fast-growing start-ups. One of them is called Odoo. In this article we have already presented Odoo ERP to you, today we would like to go into the specific advantages of the Belgian open source solution and give you eight reasons for Odoo ERP:
- Modular design: Odoo is designed in a modular way so that companies can select and implement only the modules that are relevant to their specific business needs. As a result, this ensures a customized solution without unnecessary functions. In this context, by the way, also the system architecture is modular, which is designed according to MVC patterns and also makes the developers happy.
- Open source software: Odoo is open source software, which means that the source code is freely available. This allows developers to customize the software to their specific needs and extend functionality.
- User-friendly interface: Odoo has a user-friendly and intuitive interface that is easy to use. This makes it easier for employees to familiarize themselves with the software.
- Low costs: As with other ERP solutions, Odoo also incurs implementation costs. However, the running costs for licenses, maintenance and support are quite low compared to other providers, as all costs are included in the monthly license fees per user.
- Third-party application integration: Odoo can be seamlessly integrated with other applications, such as payment and shipping service providers, e-commerce platforms, and marketing automation tools. This enables companies to further optimize their business processes.
- Flexibility: Odoo is agile enough to meet the individual requirements of a company. Minor changes to the software can usually be made by power users themselves.
- Cloud-based option: Odoo is offered directly as a cloud-based option. Companies can implement Odoo quickly and easily without the additional burden of maintaining and deploying their own infrastructure. However, an on-premise installation (e.g. in your own cloud) is also possible if desired.
- Established: Odoo, unlike other Lean ERP systems, is a software that has been established for years. In addition, Odoo has been continuously developed by the community since its market launch in 2005 and optimized on the back of customer experience.